Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Clothing Swap

I know I mentioned this before but if you have never done a clothing swap, you so have to! Just get a group of ladies (work, family, friends, dorms, etc.) and tell them to go through their stuff - not just clothes. Pick and date, make some cupcakes (not needed but so yummy) and watch the fun free-for-all begin.

We just did ours in the office and it was great. Even though we're all different sizes and styles people found tons of stuff and had a wonderful time. In my opinion the best time to do this is right around the change of seasons. You're going to be going through your stuff anyways, right?



What's great is you know there are things in your closet you are just tired with or that you bought and forgot about or may not have liked after the first wearing. Sometimes you feel stuff is just too good to give away but you don't want it. This is perfect for all those things.



Everything goes a first-come-first-served basis. Looks like my friend, Miss M here, found a skirt and top of mine that she liked!



What girly fun isn't enhanced by Lavender-Chocolate cupcakes????



I wouldn't say I took a lot of things but I did get a nice camel window pane skirt, a blue button down with front ruching, a light teal brocade bracelet-length jacket, a sweater-shirt combo in bright blue, a pair of yoga-y pants for wearing around the house and some cute faux snakeskin slingbacks. Not bad, huh?



I think this is even better than thrifting. It's free and you know where the clothes came from. Plus its a fun bonding experience. All the guys in the office thought we were a little silly, but who cares? At the end, all the clothes that are unclaimed get taken off to Goodwill, so we can do a donation too.

Go. Swap.

4 comments:

fashiontemptress said...

Is that your cupcake holder? My kitchen is all done in aqua and yellow. I have to know where it came from!

Poochie said...

I think it came from Michaels or Target. What's great is that a)the top locks into place, b) it has deviled egg inserts too and c) you can take the holders out and use it to carry a sheet cake.

I love it.

Luv
Poochie

fashiontemptress said...

Do you happen to have the recipe for the lavender cupcakes? I LOVE anything with lavender....or any flower essence for that matter. I'm still trying to locate violet essence.......

Poochie said...

The cake part of the cupcake is a basic chocolate cake recipe. The frosting is the lavender part. I made the Wilton decorator icing and added lavender extract. I sprinkled the tops with colored sugar and lavender buds.

I got my lavender extract (and rose) from Fresh Market but check out www.kingarthurflour.com or Sur La Table. An amazing extract is Fiori Di Sicilia. It's sort of citrus-y and vanilla-y. I love it.

Luv
Poochie