Monday, April 14, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
Today is one of those crazy mixed-up weather days. You're not sure whether to wear something warm or spring-y. I was going through my off-season closet and saw that I had put this Merona skirt in with my warmer weather clothes. I'm not sure why because it could be paired well with darker tights. The material is very suit like to me. It kind of a dark taupe with black and black pin-stripes. It has a really nice sheen to it. The top is a simple knit black v-neck from Ann Taylor.




I went very simple for jewelry, just my watch and regular rings. The outfit has sort of a corporate feel to it, so I wanted to keep it simple and streamlined.

The Focal Point
Even with, or maybe because of, the simpleness, I wanted to interject a little something off-kilter. A little bit of controlled chaos.

I did end up getting the polka-dot Anatole pump from Lela Rose at Payless. These actually are really nice. the colors are great, the fabric has a nice satin sheen to it (both which pull it back to the skirt) and it has a great heel. Much better in person than it even appears here.



It's a bit of a weird combo mainly because I'm not wearing any navy. But for me the background color of the shoe ties to the lightest color tone in the skirt and the muted navy plays off the black top. The shoe's office look goes with the look of the skirt. I'm kind of liking it. What do you think?

1 comment:

Regardez Moi said...

I like it. The shoes are great and...payless? Genious!