Thursday, January 22, 2009

Imitation = Flattery?

A while back I professed my love for these delectable "rain-drop" sandals. I still love love love them!



Sure they were $1700 and are now sold out, but look at them...



They are magical.



Well, now I think they are kind of ripped off. And badly, by Gina.

Same attempt at dew-drop like crystals but on tacky tacky gold leather.

Eeeewww!



The pumps are a little better but still. Oh, and the price is not cheap at all. What the heck?






I have not really seen any Gina shoes I've liked. The only ones I've ever wanted were the ones pink ankle strap heels Madonna wore on the cover of "Confessions on a Dance Floor." Those were hot.

Plus, even though they are pricier, I always confuse them with Nina shoes. And I think of them as tacky WAG shoes.

Is that wrong?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I don't get... for 675 pounds and the USD exchange rate, you might as WELL buy the originals. I could understand if the knock-offs were like $150, but they're not. They're within the same price point.

That baffles me

Light Stealer said...

They do look cheap and are not! :-S

Anonymous said...

When are the designers going to fight this kind of thing more aggressively? It seems like such an open and shut case!