Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yellow with Envy

There are a few colors that I just cannot wear. I wish that I could but they just make me look sallow and jaundiced and, well, horrendous.

Orange is one but another is a bright golden yellow, like the Pantone color of 2009 - Mimosa.



I had not thought about this for a while but I was watching Dangerous Liaisons today and I was reminded about how I would kill to be able to wear the classic combination of rich yellow and deep black, as Glenn does in this scene.





I also loved Gwyneth Paltrow's Parisan outfit in View from the Top.




But a movie that really kicked off the love for this color combo was a very bad made for TV movie, Tears on the Rain, featuring a very young Sharon Stone.



I love the dress, the embellished gloves and you have to love the matching hair ribbon.

Of course all three of these ladies are blonds and, since I would also look horrible as a blonde, it isn't going to happen.

But if you can rock this color, I will try and be happy for you and not jealous.

I love this coat which, surprisingly, is from Victoria's Secret and pretty inexpensive at $129

I could probably get away with wearing these Oh Deer! Toffee "taxi" shoes. They are sold out now but I think that you can find them around.




Or I can get a pair of yellow gloves like Ms WendyB and wear them with a black coat. and boots.




If you can wear this color, share how or what you wear.

Hopefully I have better luck with 2010's color!

7 comments:

Dog Friendly Dallas said...

I bet you can pull off yellow shoes.

I have a pair of yellow heels, and a yellow and grey rain jacket, and a couple of pale yellow tees that I wear under a jacket / cardigan. Oh, and yellow tights, lol.

I bet you could work a yellow necklace or brooch too!

WendyB said...

Look out! After I posted that glove picture, I got traffic from a German fetish glove site for a year! Of course, I loved it. I'm just sayin'....

Poochie said...

Wendy

I actually BOUGHT gloves from a German fetish site and didn't even know it! I wanted opera length black leather and the only place I found them online was this German site.

Let me tell you about the flyers that came with the package!

= O

Poochie

AlixRose said...

Not only is this post entertaining but so are the above comments.
I love yellow and I am fortunate enough to be able to pull it off. I thank my mexican heritage.
I have a hard time with gloves though, I have to get over my clausterphobic feelings, yes my fingers feel too closed in when I wear gloves. Is that too much info, sorry! ;)

WendyB said...

Gotta love the Germans.

Bet you can get great boots from them too!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw your Ann D. boots on flickr and wanted to know if you'd reveal where you found your pair? I've been trying to track them down and don't know if they're just out of season or if I'm looking in the wrong place. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love yellow! I don't wear it too terribly often, but with my red hair and freckles it really puts roses in my cheeks. I have a green-yellow top that I only bought because I loved that I could pull the color off. I think it's the only yellow I actually own.

If I were you, I'd wear it and keep it off of my face. So the gloves or the shoes, or a yellow belt. (I'm loving all these belts with bows and such. I'm such a girl.)