Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taking a Shine

So this past week was kind of ridiculous.  Between a new business pitch keeping me at work until 8pm, the typical taking care of our gazillion animals, a new obsession and my car basically dying as I was trying to deliver the new business pitch materials causing me to freak out and have to expend tons of money, I've had a crummy week.

But this weekend has been quiet and rainy, which I am very grateful for. I at least got the opportunity to paint my nails.  My nails are generally craptastic so I've been trying to take care of them and they are actually improving to a point where I like trying new polishes on them.

This week I'm using Essies Pop Art Pink with Orly's VIP pink glitter tips.



I'm horrible at doing french manicures but the unstructred glitter was forgiving. What I want to do next (and need to get some matte polishes for) is like this:


I love the matte with the shiny tip.  I think I'm going to get some matte and shiny black right now.  I also want to do shiny red with matte red tips.  Very tonal. I'll probably need to get this done at a salon. I can just imagine how horrible this would turn out if I did this myself!

7 comments:

Lara said...

Aren't rainy weekends the best sometimes?

I am sooo in love with that black manicure!

Have you ever tried using the french manicure sticker guides? They're great! I used to use them all the time. Just put on your base coat, let it dry, and apply these curved white stickers. Paint and let dry then peel off sharply. For the most part you get a really clean line!

http://www.amazon.com/Orly-French-Manicure-White-Guide/dp/B001PC2S02

Unknown said...

by the way, all you have to buy for the black nails is a black matte polish, and for the tips you just use your top coat on it. :)

Poochie said...

Thanks for the ideas. My nails have been crummy forever so I have no idea how to do any thing!

Poochie

WendyB said...

OMG, I need to do the matte manicure.

Anna at ShoeHunting said...

Your nails look fab! And the matte nail polish is something I want to try.

WendyB said...

I did a matte black manicure with shiny moons inspired by this! Used regular shiny polish with a coat on top of it to make it matte.

Vyque said...

this is redonk, I wish I had anything close to a steady hand! or that you lived within driving distance of me!