Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ready for Resort

While my favorite collections are typically for the Fall/Winter seasons, I have to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for Resort.

 Centered on fun, frivolity and vacation glamour, many designers use this small season to break out their whimsical and witty sides. Here are two of my favorites from this season.

Brian Atwood went with candy pastels - more vibrant than the ice cream sundae colors of spring.  An evolution in to the jewel tones for fall.


Sophia Webster, a new name to me and a former Kirkwood designer, has put out layered, bold designs in acid bright neons. I'm excited to see how she grows.  You can see the Kirkwood influence but with her own playful spirit.


Vacation is a time when you can relax and follow your own desires.  It's great to see designers get to do a bit of that as well.


2 comments:

Vyque said...

these shoes make me hongray!!!

Andrea said...

Very colorful!!! If you'll walk into the stage with a beautiful dress the people will surely stare on your feet if you wear that ;)