Friday, July 6, 2012

Parasols, Please

I have a serious love for parasols and umbrellas.

Growing up in Florida, I know to be stocked up with umbrellas for the rain and parasols to avoid the sun.  My pasty skin hates the sun and heat so I have quite a collection of both.

But there is always room for more!



I saw this image on Pinterest and was smitten.  A pink heart umbrella became a must have!

They come in tons of different colors to if you prefer a more traditional red or even white, black, purple and more...





In the process of looking around, I found the amazingly girly and lush designs from Lisbeth Dahl.  I couldn't resist this stripe-y number...


Or this pink pagoda with glitter dots.  Yep, I got all three!



I also am tempted by this frilly dotted number...




Maybe a bit more restrained but still lovely and also, Lisbeth Dahl...







One style I've always liked are the clear bubble umbrellas... Maybe that will be next.


And for pure excess, I really love this Guy de Jean parasol, although I can't decide between the mauve, creme or black.  They're all so good!




Protection, from sun or rain, is important but it can also be fun.

I love upgrading my "mundane" accessories, from wellies with ribbons to ruffly umbrellas.  It makes the day so much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I want the clear bubble & the pink pagoda!!

Frances

tiffany said...

looove the prada shades !