Thursday, September 6, 2012

No Games, No Time

I have been so swamped lately!

Between work and travel and a new chicken rescue, I haven't had time to do much shoe perusing.  I've also been filling the little free time I have with reading the Game of Thrones series.  I've only got a few thousand pages to race through... not sure why I have no spare time!

I thought perhaps I could see if there had been any great collaborations or designers inspired by the series.  Sadly, I found that Helmut Lang designers created a shoe capsule collection that was meant to evoke the grit and blood of the series.

I can see the dark and the "blood" but these shoes look a bit too dystopian for the fantastical realms in the book and the show.



I'd rather look to the actual clothing and style of the show for inspiration.  Fashionista.com had a great interview with the hair and costume creators of the show.  It's a longer article but well worth reading through, especially if you like all the details, like I do. 


Now, while everyone is out and about at Fashion Week, I'm going to hunker down with my books.

No comments: